Friday, February 17, 2012

Stress and Self-Control: An Inverse Relationship

Want to be able to say no more easily to certain things in life?  Things that usually taste really good but make us get fat or things like shopping sprees that provide temporary pleasures that we often feel guilty for and regret later?  Sounds crazy, I know, but some people do!  If you're one of them, take a look at your stress level.  The higher it is, the less self-control you have.  Literally, the functions of our pre-frontal cortex that enable decision-making abilities related to self-control are compromised when our bodies and minds are under stress.    So if you want more mastery over saying no, think about incorportating more relaxation, meditation, or self-care time into your







routine and you might be suprised!  Take it from me but not because I'm an expert at this!  Here's a picture of my latest indulgence.  All I can say is I'm SO glad the weekend is here.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment